Dec 7, 2009

Verses

Transcript of The Hills, Season One, Episode One---
"New City, New Drama"

Lauren: (V.O.) Hi, I’m Lauren. I grew up in Laguna Beach, a small town with big drama. But now, it’s time for me to move on. I got an apartment with my good friend Heidi, I’m going to fashion school and I scored an interview for a killer internship with Teen Vogue. It’s my chance to make it all happen, in the one city where they say dreams come true.

CUT TO: Opening Credits

CUT TO: Hillside Villas

Lauren pulls in. She gets out of her car and walks to the back, where Heidi is laying by the pool.

Heidi: Hi! (Lauren runs up to Heidi) I’ve been so lonely.

Lauren: This is cute.

Heidi: Hi. (Hugs Lauren)

Lauren: Are you all moved in?

Heidi: No I didn’t do anything.

Lauren: Heidi!

Heidi: (Laughs) Well I think it’s like something we should do together like a bonding thing, you know?

Lauren: I wanna like see my apartment.

Heidi: Okay let’s go see it.

Lauren: Okay?

Heidi: Let’s go see it.

Lauren: Come on, come on. (It cuts to the apartment. Heidi opens the door)

Heidi: Close your eyes.

Lauren: Shh!

Heidi: Close your eyes. Surprise!

Lauren: I like the red.

Heidi: Isn’t it gorgeous?

Lauren: Oh my god.

Heidi: So we need to figure out how big we can get a couch here too.

Lauren: A really little one. (Lauren goes up the stairs)

Heidi: Isn’t upstairs awesome?

Lauren: Heidi?

Heidi: Yeah?

Lauren: The TV’s up here.

Heidi: Yeah. (Lauren comes downstairs) I can see myself like running up here like really hard.

Lauren: We can get a firepole. Like Whoo!

Heidi: What time is your Vogue thing today?

Lauren: 5:00.

Heidi: Are you nervous?

Lauren: Yeah.

Heidi: How are you gonna do your hair?

Lauren: I’m gonna do my hair normal.

Heidi: They’ll be like “Wow, you’re really fashionable you should work here”. (Lauren’s phone rings and she answers it)

Lauren: Hello? Yeah this is she. Oh, I can get there as soon as I can. K, bye. Okay, bye. (She hangs up her phone) My…the person I’m interviewing with has…

Heidi: What?

Lauren: She has an event tonight and they just asked if I can go be there in 20 minutes.

Heidi: What?

Lauren: Dude I have to get ready in ten minutes.

Heidi: What’s the look you’re going for?

Lauren: (Rubbing something on her face) I don’t know!

Heidi: Like sophisticated, cute?

Lauren: The look that I…I had till 5 to get ready! (Heidi is looking through a suitcase as Lauren puts on makeup) Okay shoot.

Heidi: Oh black cardigan found it.

Lauren: (Putting an iron on her skirt) Okay this is probably really bad for my skirt. (Heidi laughs)

Heidi: Uh yeah.

Lauren: It’s a flat iron, it irons my hair. I gotta go. (Puts on sunglasses as she runs out)

Heidi: Good luck!

Lauren: (Grabs her purse) Thank you!

Heidi: I’ll be by the pool if you need anything. Love you bye. (Heidi shuts the door after Lauren runs out)

CUT TO: Teen Vogue Offices

Lauren is going inside for her interview. A woman brings her into an office where a woman named Lisa Love is sitting at a desk.

Woman: Lisa this is Lauren.

Lisa: Hi Lauren. How are you?

Lauren: Nice to meet you.

Lisa: Nice to meet you. (The door is shut as Lauren sits down. Lisa’s phone rings) Can you hold on one second? I’m sorry. (Lisa answers the phone) Hello? Okay. (Lisa writes something down) Okay. (It shows things in the office as Lauren looks around) Okay thanks. (She hangs up the phone) Why Teen Vogue?

Lauren: Because I mean love Vogue, I’ve read Vogue for years and I love Teen Vogue because like that’s…that’s where I get ideas for everything I do and I like that it does have all the fashion and then like in every one they have like an issue that affects teens.

Lisa: Can you write?

Lauren: Can I…? Yeah.

Lisa: You can? Good?

Lauren: Um well, I enjoy writing.

CUT TO: Hillside Villas

Heidi is by the pool talking with Audrina when Lauren shows up.

Heidi: Hey baby.

Lauren: Hello.

Heidi: Lauren this is Audrina, Audrina this is Lauren.

Lauren: Hi. (They shake hands) Nice to meet you.

Audrina: Nice to meet you. (Lauren sits down)

Heidi: This is my first new friend in LA.

Lauren: Oh are you having a hard day, babe?

Heidi: I’ve been very busy.

Lauren: Heidi!

Heidi: I had to make friends for us! All right so let’s hear about it.

Lauren: I seriously hope I get it. I’m gonna be so bummed if I don’t.

Audrina: What intern did you apply for?

Lauren: I applied for an internship with Teen Vogue.

Audrina: Oh okay. I’m sure you’ll get it.

Heidi: (To Audrina) Well you definitely have to hang out with us.

Audrina: Cool.

Heidi: You’re adopted. (Audrina laughs)

CUT TO: That Night – Geisha House

Everyone (Lauren, Heidi, Jordan, Brian Audrina) are there eating and talking.

Heidi: So what nights…how many nights do you work? (Heidi kisses Jordan’s cheek)

Audrina: Normally I usually work like 40 hours a week.

Jordan: Holy?! Full time?

Audrina: Yeah.

Jordan: I just really don’t like working.

Lauren: Guys, you know people do have full time jobs. Crazy thought I know like way out there.

Brian: I have a full time job. I go out every night. (Everyone laughs)

Audrina: That is a full time job itself.

Brian: Lauren when do you find out about your job or not if you get it?

Lauren: I don’t know. They said sometime this week. So hopefully like tomorrow or the next day.

Heidi: They wouldn’t leave you hanging.

Lauren: Yeah they would.

Audrina: Some people do; like they just…you don’t get a call back.

Heidi: It’ll happen. It’ll be good. (Lauren puts on a sad face and crosses her fingers) Teen Vogue.

Lauren: Thanks guys you’re so reassuring.

Jordan: Don’t worry about it you’ll get it.

CUT TO: FIDM – Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising – Registration Day

Lauren and Heidi are there to register.

Heidi: I can’t wait to start going out more.

Lauren: I know. But as soon as we start school it’s gonna be kinda hard ‘cause we’re gonna be busy.

Heidi: Crap, school gets in the way of everything. I’m like already like ready to finish.

Lauren: Heidi you haven’t even started here.

Heidi: I know. (A woman comes over to them)

Susan: You must be Heidi and Lauren.

Heidi: Yes.

Lauren: Hi. (They stand up)

Susan: I’m Susan Aronson.

Lauren: Hi.

Susan: Very nice to meet you.

Heidi: (Shakes her hand) Hi I’m Heidi.

Susan: Heidi, nice to meet you.

Heidi: Nice to meet you as well. I’m gonna start with you, Lauren.

Lauren: Okay.

Susan: (To Heidi) And then I’ll come out and meet with you right after that.

Heidi: Okay.

(Cuts to Susan’s office, where Lauren and Susan go inside and sit)

Susan: Come in. Have a seat and welcome to Los Angeles. I do want to tell you that we are very proud of you.

Lauren: Oh thank you.

Susan: Because we noticed your 3.6. It’s a whole new story.

Lauren: Yeah.

Susan: It’s almost one grade point above and that’s a wonderful beginning. How do you feel about your major, product development?

Lauren: I like it so far. I mean it seems like…I’ve kind of looked over ‘em all and this is definitely where I have the most interest.

Susan: You had an interview with Teen Vogue?

Lauren: Mm-hmm.

Susan: Oh that’s very exciting.

Lauren: I know. (Laughs)

Susan: It’s a great opportunity.

Lauren: Mm-hmm.

Susan: A lot of students would pay to have that opportunity.

Lauren: To work for Teen Vogue that’s like the top. When I get an opportunity like this that I’m really interested in, then I devote everything to it.

Susan: Well then like that…(Lauren crosses her fingers and they both laugh. It cuts to Heidi going in to talk with Susan. They both sit down)

Susan: Come on in. Make yourself comfortable.

Heidi: Oh it’s so pretty. Okay.

Susan: How would you characterize yourself as a high school student?

Heidi: I never learned anything, I never went to school, I never did anything, I just like went shopping and hung out.

Susan: Mm-hmm.

Heidi: Going out so…

Susan: Have you looked at the curriculum?

Heidi: No.

Susan: Have not looked at the curriculum?

Heidi: No.

Susan: Well let me ask you this: What do you…what are your goals?

Heidi: Well I wanna do PR. That’s like my ultimate goal. I wanna be like the fun party PR girl in LA type of thing so…um, that’s kind of what I wanna do, kind of more like the party scene.

Susan: Party scene. Mm-hmm. It usually takes someone being in the industry for a very long time to land on the fun type “I wanna organize the party position”.

Heidi: Really? It’s not like right away, you get to do that?

Susan: No.

Heidi: (Laughs) No?

Susan: No. I mean would you be willing to work in retail sales?

Heidi: You mean like actually working the floor and stuff?

Susan: Actually working the floor and stuff.

Heidi: Yeah I don’t think I could do that.

Susan: You couldn’t do that. Mm…mm-hmm. Are there any other majors you’re thinking about or other industries other than fashion?

Heidi: No.

Susan: You feel…are you sure you’re in the right college?

Heidi: Yeah.

CUT TO: Hillside Villas

Heidi and Lauren are in the apartment when Lauren’s phone rings.

Lauren: Can you get that? (Heidi hands Lauren the phone) Hello?

Chantal: Hi Lauren, it’s Chantal from Teen Vogue. I have Blaine on the phone for you.

Lauren: Oh okay.

Chantal: Can you hold please?

Lauren: Yeah. (Mouths “Teen Vogue” to Heidi)

Heidi: Teen Vogue? (Lauren nods)

Lauren: It’s a long hold. Hello?

Blaine: Hi Lauren, it’s Blaine. I’m one of the editors here at Teen Vogue.

Lauren: Hi.

Blaine: I just want to give you a little feedback.

Lauren: Okay.

Blaine: First of all it’s really tough for us to make this decision. There are not a lot of interns that uh, we find that are ready at the age of 19.

Lauren: Mm-hmm.

Blaine: it’s just uh, you need to have a lot of experience uh, in writing and in fashion and publicity and all of this stuff if you want to be an intern at Teen Vogue. So um, that said, Lisa really liked you and saw a lot of potential and we’d like to offer you an internship.

Lauren: Oh you had me nervous.

Heidi: You had me nervous.

Blaine: And we think it might be a good match and we, we have high hopes for you. So yeah again if you want to think about it and get back to us, that’s okay, um…

Lauren: Oh no I would like to formally accept.

Blaine: Okay great. Well then that works out really well. We’ll see you tomorrow.

Lauren: Thank you very much Blaine, bye. (Hangs up)

Heidi: Woo! What a freakin’ relief.

CUT TO: The Next Day – Teen Vogue Offices

Lauren is pulling in for her first day. It cuts to Lauren sitting in a chair, waiting. Another intern named Whitney comes in.

Woman: Hi

Whitney: Hello. Today’s my first day.

Woman: What’s your name?

Whitney: Whitney.

Woman: Whitney?

Whitney: Yeah.

Woman: (On the phone with Lisa) Hi Lisa, Whitney’s here in reception waiting for you. Okay great thanks. (Hangs up) She’ll be right out. You can just wait over here. (Points to where Lauren is)

Whitney: Okay. (Whitney sits down) Thank you.

Woman: Okay girls you ready? We’ll take you back now. (They get up and follow the woman) Okay Whitney you can have a seat right here. Lauren, you can sit right here. (The girls sit down) And someone will be with you in a minute. (The woman leaves) Bye.

Whitney: Thank you. This is awesome. I don’t want to touch anything because I don’t know what I’m allowed to touch yet. (Lauren’s computer makes a noise) You’re fired already. (Lauren laughs) You’re fired.

Blaine: (Comes in with a woman named Olivia) Hi this is Olivia.

Whitney: (Stands up and shakes her hand) Hi.

Blaine: Olivia this is Whitney.

Whitney: I’m Whitney nice to meet you.

Olivia: Nice to meet you. (Lauren stands up)

Blaine: This is Lauren.

Olivia: (Shakes Lauren’s hand) Hi.

Lauren: Hi.

Olivia: Good to meet you.

Blaine: Olivia is one of our fashion editors. I want to have her, you know check out your ensembles ‘cause we want to always look our best for Lisa.

Olivia: I just want like…I want to get something to commercial this a little bit maybe. (Puts a jacket on Lauren) So obviously the Teen Vogue style is all about the mix, which is why like a little jacket on top of this would really be ideal. (Goes on to Whitney) I feel like maybe it’s a little too matchy, matchy. We’ve kind of done the western look.

Whitney: Okay.

Olivia: (Grabs a belt. Whitney takes off the belt she has on) Why don’t you give that a whirl?

Whitney: Okay.

Olivia: It’s probably gonna be a little bit big on you but…

Whitney: Mm-hmm. (Puts the belt on)

Olivia: That looks great.

Blaine: Good, you happy?

Olivia: Just more Teen Vogue.

CUT TO: Lisa’s Office.

Whitney and Lauren come in with Blaine.

Blaine: Hello.

Lisa: Hi Blaine.

Blaine: How are you doing?

Lisa: Hi. How are you?

Blaine: These two, you remember these ones.

Lisa: Good.

Whitney: How are you?

Lisa: Hi. How are you? Good.

Whitney: Whitney.

Lisa: (Shakes her hand) You look great.

Whitney: Thank you.

Lauren: Hi.

Lisa: (Shakes her hand) Hi Lauren. (Whitney and Lauren sit down and Blaine shuts the door) In terms of working for Teen Vogue now you’re representing Teen Vogue so it means that whatever you do in the outside world also reflects on us and we take it really seriously so if you’re out and you’re employed by us, you work for us, you represent us, you look great, you don’t behave badly, you don’t do anything that we would be embarrassed by because if it comes back to me, then you’re in trouble. (They nod)

CUT TO: The Intern Room

Whitney: It’s just like the work day’s over and we’re probably going to get a job right now. (A woman named Nicole comes in)

Lauren: I know.

Nicole: Hello.

Whitney: Hi.

Nicole: I am Nicole, one of the features editors at the magazine in New York. We just came out today with our Hollywood issue, which is basically for me like the biggest issue of the year. When it comes out, we have a party for it and we need to get the invitations out, it’s a lot of invitations. Um, there’s you know almost 500 of them. Everything has to be done pretty, glamorous, chic, Vogue, beautiful. And that is like down to the stamps, okay?

Whitney: Okay.

Nicole: All right let me know if you need anything.

Whitney: Thank you.

Nicole: Okay.

Whitney: Nice meeting you. (Nicole leaves. Whitney is writing on envelopes as Lauren types on the computer)

Lauren: Oh Josh Duhamel is on here.

Whitney: Oh my god he is my love.

Lauren: Oh and Gavin Degraw.

Whitney: Oh!

Lauren: (Writing on an envelope) Did you ever see that Seinfeld episode where like that bald guy’s fiancée like licked all the envelopes and she died from like glue poisoning?

Whitney: No. (Lauren licks an envelope)

Lauren: There’s like 300 of those. It would be so better if we get to go to this.

CUT TO: The Next Day – The Hillside Villas

Heidi and Lauren are lying by the pool as Lauren talks about the internship.

Lauren: The thing with the internship, it’s kind of fun work you know? I had to do like a bunch of RSVP’s for that young Hollywood party.

Heidi: Are you gonna be able to get us into that party?

Lauren: No.

Heidi: Yeah, are you gonna ask?

Lauren: I’m gonna like mess up my internship and do like something shady just like to go to a party?

Heidi: Yeah.

CUT TO: Teen Vogue Offices

Whitney and Lauren are talking as they work (Whitney is on a computer while Lauren is working on a dress).

Whitney: So like the other night I had my, um, my soritory invite…

Lauren: Shh! (Lisa and Blaine come in)

Lisa: Hi Lauren

Lauren: Hi.

Lisa: Hi, how are you?

Whitney: Good, how are you?

Lisa: How are you guys doing?

Whitney: Good.

Lisa: So we’re gonna have you guys work tomorrow night, at this party. Um, Whitney, you’ll be at the door, with Blaine.

Lauren: Ooh.

Lisa: Lauren, you’re gonna be uh, in the party, and you’re…there’s a section of seats that we’re reserving for celebrities.

Lauren: Ooh.

Lisa: But what I really want you to do is to understand that you’re working. You’re not partying, you’re not playing, you’re not sitting down. If I see you sitting, hanging out, you’ll be gone. (They nod) Okay?

Blaine: Cool. (He gets up. They leave)

Lauren: Well we’re going.

Whitney: So exciting.

CUT TO: The Party, celebrities showing up.

Blaine: Your job is simply to stand here, okay? And guard this area.

Lauren: Okay, so no one can sit here?

Blaine: No one can sit here.

Lauren: Can they sit here until they come?

Blaine: No.

Lauren: Okay.

Blaine: I want you to guard it.

Lauren: You got it Blaine. You have fun. (Waves at him)

Blaine: Thank you. (He leaves. It cuts to Whitney outside then to Lauren inside. She is using a mic to call Whitney)

Lauren: Whitney come in it’s Lauren.

Whitney: I know.

Lauren: Whitney! (It cuts to outside where Heidi, Jordan, Audrina and Brian are trying to get in the party. Heidi gets out her phone to call Lauren.)

Audrina: Are you gonna call Lauren?

Heidi: Yeah I’m gonna call her.

Audrina: Yes! Okay. I hope we get in.

Heidi: I hope we get in. (Laughs)

Lauren: Hey Heidi. How are you darling?

Heidi: Um, well I’m standing outside with Jordan, Audrina and Brian. Can you get us in?

Lauren: Seriously?

Heidi: Yeah we’re here.

Lauren: What are you doing here Heidi?

Heidi: Well we’re trying to get in, we’re gonna sneak in.

Lauren: Okay, but you’re not on the list.

Heidi: No but just, just sneak us in.

Lauren: Yeah I just don’t wanna get in trouble for letting you guys in but Whitney’s working the door so I’ll see if she can let you guys in.

Heidi: Just do whatever you can please.

Lauren: Go up to the front, ask for Whitney, she’s wearing a white dress.

Heidi: All right we’ll go find her. (Lauren hangs up and pages Whitney)

Lauren: Whitney, Whitney come in it’s Lauren.

Whitney: Yeah.

Lauren: Okay, um, I have a couple of friends. How much of a big deal would it be to get them in?

Whitney: If they come right now like right this second maybe I can do it.

Lauren: Okay well they’re gonna ask for you right now so they are coming up to the front door.

Whitney: Okay.

Heidi: Whitney? Hi I’m Heidi I’m Lauren’s friend.

Whitney: Hi, you guys are Lauren’s friends? (Shakes her hand)

Heidi: Hi, yeah.

Whitney: Okay. (Checks them over)

Heidi: Thank you so much. (Heidi, Audrina, Jordan and Brian go in. Heidi runs up to Lauren and hugs her) You look gorgeous. Thank you for getting us in.

Lauren: You guys can not get me in trouble.

Brian: Are you stressed out? You look stressed.

Lauren: I have a very stressful job.

Heidi: What are you doing?

Lauren: I have to guard this VIP area.

Brian: This right here? This is VIP?

Jordan: Oh that’s our table now.

Lauren: No, no, no, no, no.

Brian: Jordan. (They sit down there) You can sit on my lap.

Lauren: Brian, you can’t sit here.

Brian: Where?

Lauren: Brian, stop. You’re gonna get me in trouble. Brian, up. (He laughs. Heidi twirls around)

Audrina: Where did Heidi go?

Jordan: To hook up with John Paul. (Heidi is talking closely with a guy)

John Paul: I don’t have a girlfriend so now I’m like shopping for one.

Jordan: Drama, always drama.

Lauren: Hey, hey. No, no, no, stay here. (Jordan gets up)

Jordan: No, no, no. (Talking with Heidi) This is the second time he’s done it. ‘Cause you know what he’s saying to you. He’s trying to…He wants to get in your pants, bottom line.

Heidi: I don’t do anything. I walked over there, I went to the bathroom, calm down.

Jordan: Next time, I’m beating his ass. (He walks away from Heidi)

Blaine: (Walks over to Lauren) Can I talk to you for a second?

Lauren: Yeah. (She gets up)

Blaine: What was all the drama at the door?

Lauren: There was drama at the door?

Blaine: Yeah like sad and crying and fights and tears?

Lauren: Oh it was just them fighting but you can see it’s all better. (She points at Heidi and Jordan) They were just fighting over something but now they’re fine. They’re boyfriend and girlfriend, they fight a lot. But everything’s okay. Is everything okay with you?

Blaine: Yeah we’re good.

Lauren: Okay.

Blaine: Okay. Okay, good.

Lauren: Thank you. (Blaine leaves and Lauren goes over to Heidi and Jordan) You guys! Hey! You can’t fight in public anymore. (Lauren sits down)

Heidi: We’re not fighting.

Audrina: You look teary eyed for a second there. I was like…

Lauren: No I’m fine. It’s just so frustrating when they show up, especially when you ask them not to. (Lisa comes over to them)

Lisa: And who are these people?

Lauren: (She gets up) These are…this is Brian and Audrina and David.

Lisa: Nobody should be sitting here yet. Okay?

Lauren: Okay.

Lisa: We’ll talk about it on Monday.

Lauren: Okay. Okay, get up, get up, get up, I’m getting in trouble. (They get up)

Audrina: Lauren was that who you work for?

Lauren: Yeah.

Audrina: Why did she get all mad?

Lauren: I don’t know. (Whitney comes over to them)

Whitney: Did she just yell at you? Did something just happen?

Lauren: She was like…she’s like “No one should be sitting here”. She’s like “I’ll talk to you about it on Monday”.

Brian: (To Jordan) Yo, this party’s over. Let’s leave. (Everyone starts to leave, except Lauren. Lauren walks around the party area. It shows Heidi, Audrina, Jordan and Brian leaving. Then it shows Lauren standing outside at the party. Then the camera moves to show the party from the sky and then the lit up city of LA.)

END

1 comment:

Alpha said...

well, good to know I'm not the only one having a nervous breakdown...