Jun 7, 2010

It was a beach weekend.
Polynesian drink!
World Cup (almost)!
And did you watch "Soulja Boy Tell 'Em's Super Swag 18" en MTV? I've included a picture of his Auto-outlaw-estiil' above!
SUMMERJAMS SINCE YESTERDAY----
Enrique (!!!) Iglesias' laze-fest, "I Like It"====phrase of Lionel Ritchie+Pitbull verses in English and Spanish+Jersey Shore cast en video!
Nicki Minaj's "Your Love"====Despite her many (worthy) hitz and hairs, Rihanna isn't quite talented enough to be the only glamorous Caribbean lady in the Now (who is?). We want Island inflections on the constant always! I was not about Nicki's verse on "Bedrock," but have digged her appearance on "My Chick Bad," and now this and "Massive Attack." Also, I think it's kind of brave and futurist how aggressively she wears her butt implants (shades of Coco-T).
La Roux's "Bulletproof"====This was a last summerjam, but I missed it, and even if I hadn't I'd probs still be playing it on the repeat because it's a dance track with one of those hyper-emotional, hyper-melodic refrains that I've never been able to get enough of---totes filmic.
Miley Cyrus' "See You Again"====This was a kids-only summerjam of 2007 (when Miles were FOURTEEN!), but alongside "Party in the U.S.A." and "The Climb" it's her best twerk. And "Can't Be Tamed" is soo bad; we need to deflect (?) back.
Belanova's "Baila Mi Corazón"====BAILA MI CORAZÓNNNN!

No comments: