Feb 25, 2009

Let's Hear it For the W--

I really can't remember the last time I applauded a spread of pictures in a fashion magazine. This month's Steven Klein portfolio of Madonna (and her blue-eyed, 30-years-junior, ashamed-looking Latin lover, Jesus Luz) is damn fine. I love the lighting. I love the styling--Madge as we know her best: platinum hair and black eyebrows and prim and gothic lace and crosses and gloves and a rough and lean dancer's body and a general air of having come straight from a humid, Catholic country. No need for reinvention; this is essential.

4 comments:

zbs said...

I thought it was trying too hard, but yeah at least it was trying. The entire thing is here:

http://community.livejournal.com/foto_decadent/1925642.html#cutid1

zbs said...

Er, here

Able said...

oh they're always trying too hard

Petrova said...

whoa he is sent from heaven above