Apr 6, 2009

We Should Probably Address Chester French

Because starting real soon, the rest of 2009 will be spent listening to them. It will be unavoidable. Perhaps I'm jumping the gun, but I feel in my bones that I'm right. Their songs will soon play on every radio station in the country every hour on the hour. Drunk wenches will soon scream "IT'S MY SAWNG!" in every bar in the country (every hour on the hour). So we should probably get a word in with Chester French while we still can, because I have a feeling they won't be shutting up until their Time Square New Year's Eve performance.

So, here's the deal, Chester French: you're two talented and dreamy intellectual fucks who both know you're extremely smart and dreamy and talented, and can thus be as weird and obnoxious and esoteric as you want. I've seen your interviews. I know your kind. I've fallen for a few of you in my day. You're going to blow up the music scene real soon, craftily weaseling your way into the American lexicon, and I, Alpha, will be bopping along to every bit of it, because you're talented and dreamy and obnoxious and esoteric, and that is an unstoppable mix. So good for you. Enjoy your year. Call me.

5 comments:

Able said...

oh my oh my. i was drooling over these boys during last night's 'hills' promos. are they younger than us?--i hope so. and are they going to unseat mgmt?--they're both so much cuter than our shrimp andrew. plus they get all bruised and bloody in the video, as if they know exactly what we want...

Alpha said...

No, they're our age. Harvard grads. It just keeps getting better...

Able said...

oh fuck! one of them was quickie-married (then unmarried) to peaches geldof this past year...it's okay though, harvard boys aren't properly socialized until long after they graduate...

Alpha said...

Hopefully this stint on the Lady Gaga tour was more enlightening... and who hasn't had a quickie marriage to Peaches Geldof and then thought better of it? Remember that time I was incommunicado for a while...

Able said...

word. you old dog you.