Jul 18, 2010

Love (and hate) In This Club

So what happened, gentle reader, at least 6 month ago, was that this dude I knew was bad for me (god we played back and forth how bad we were for each other), he broke my face. A lot. 3 places, to be precise. Orbital, nasal, and facial. Took some surgery, I lit some candles, I dyed my hair. Whatever. Anyway, I listened to A LOT of Rihanna "Rated R" after the situation (klar, with Chris Brown and whatnot).
That said, I fuuuuucccckkking love Rihanna's new joint with Eminem. I have a lot of issues with Marshall (stemming of course from the late 90s and his homophobia that read like a 5 year old pulling his pants down for attention). But this song, it's seriously everything. Maybe it's my own unconscious wishes for something to throw me back into the arms of my attacker (thanks, Heidi Montag, but I'm not going to), maybe it's RiRi's out of this world voice. Maybe I'm just a girl interrupted, blah blah blah...
My friend Buffy was actually the first to tell me about this song. To quote her "it was--y'know with the subject matter and all-- a bit unexpected for Rihanna... but then again, y'know, you try your best to market on it, too, so...."

No comments: