Nov 17, 2008

And...?

















I've long been aware that The Purple One was a Jehovah's Witness, and I didn't care. I find the sect strange, and have never quite been able to wrap my head around what it is that they believe, but his involvement never made me think less of him. News broke today that the celibate wonder is, thanks to his faith, I'm sure, anti-"people sticking it wherever and doing it with whatever..."

Coming on the heels of the passing of Proposition 8 in California, this revelation is more than cringe-worthy. But you know what? Again, I don't care. As if by magic, Prince's hate-speak raises no ire, sets no fires. The usual anger that I would feel at someone saying something so ridiculous just isn't there, and it's kinda freaking me out. Maybe it's because he's a genius, maybe it's because he's crazier than a shit house rat in August, or maybe it's because his views most likely stem from some level of self loathing and personal shame. Who knows. Now if you all will excuse me, I'm going to go listen to "Darling Nikki" and wonder what Prince wears when he's going door to door trying to convert the wicked...

1 comment:

Able said...

only a maniac would do that whole sadistic "bathe in the waters of lake minnetonka as i ride away on my hog and watch you suffering" thing to sheila e.