Nov 20, 2008

Stranded in Canton (Level Third): Black Oak "Blocked Memory" Arkansas






















I recovered a memory (with a little help from Pillow). Evidently, last year, a few days post Thanksgiving, I saw Jim Dandy (pictured center) and Black Oak Arkansas (note the hilariously long list of former band-members) open for friends of ours at cavernous college dive, Newby's. This photograph was taken a few short months before that night; so, I think it is an accurate description of his appearance in November, 2007. I will also attach a video, because the sound of him, along with the unseemly vest and pants, account for the memory loss I experienced thereafter. This is a special instance of "Stranded in Canton," a bridge between the past and present, a document of the constant, forgettable madness that goes on down Memphis way . . .

No comments: