Dec 10, 2008

Verses
















THE LITTLE WHITE DUCK
(Walt Barrows and Bernard Zaritzky)

There's a little WHITE DUCK - sitting in the water
A little WHITE DUCK - doing what he oughter
He took a bite of a lily pad; flapped his wings and he said;
"I'm glad - I'm a little WHITE DUCK - sitting in the water
Quack (quack) quack (quack) quack (quack) (quack)."

There's a little GREEN FROG - swimming in the water
A little GREEN FROG - doing what he oughter
He jumped right off of the lily pad
That the little DUCK bit, and he said;
"I'm glad - I'm a little GREEN FROG - swimming in the water
Glump (glump) glump (glump) glump (glump) (glump)."

There's a little BLACK BUG - floating on the water
A little BLACK BUG - doing what he oughter
He tickled the FROG on the lily pad
That the little WHITE DUCK bit and he said;
"I'm glad - I'm a little BLACK BUG floating on the water
Chirp (chirp) chirp (chirp) chirp (chirp) (chirp)."

There's a little RED SNAKE - laying in the water
A little RED SNAKE - doing what he oughter
He frightened the DUCK and the FROG so bad
He ate the little BUG and he said;
"I'm glad - I'm a little RED SNAKE laying in the water
Wriggle (swish) Wriggle (swish) Wriggle (swish) (swish)."

Now there's nobody left - sitting in the water
Nobody left - doing what he oughter
There's nothing left but the lily pad
The DUCK and the FROG ran away;
I'm sad - 'cause there's nobody left sitting in the water
Blue (oooh) blue (oooh) blue (oooh) (oooh).

Copyright Walt Barrows and Bernard Zaritzky
Recorded by Burl Ives, 1960

No comments: