Mar 19, 2009

Let the Wild Rumpus Start!















I hear tell that Spike Jonze is deep in a live-action adaptation of Maurice Sendak's 1963 children's book Where the Wild Things Are. I was obsessed with this book as a child. It struck me with both fear and awe, a combination of sentiments that I am still fond of as a grown up. I was always moved by stories that involved suddenly stumbling into alternate realities; and, as such, I also went nutty over C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia series and Madeleine L'Engle's Time Quartet series. I'm also still a fan of stumbling into alternate realities, which perhaps I'll do before I go see this film. Don't fuck it up, Spike!

1 comment:

Alpha said...

The Jim Henson Company is doing it, so you know it's going to be astounding. I'm so happy someone still understands that puppets look realer than CGI.