May 22, 2009

The V.I.P. Room






















So we've always had this plan to go to a taping of The Tyra Banks Show, but I honestly kind of forgot about it. I'm currently sitting on the couch watching television - Tyra, obvi - waiting for my nails to dry, and a few minutes ago Able reminded me of our grand plan. After semi-hyperventilating from the just-like-new thought, I promptly logged on to Ty-Ty's website to reserve tickets. Sadly, the show is on hiatus until August; but I popped over to the FAQ's and found this beautiful insanity:

What do I wear?
Dress your best! We ask that everyone come in upscale, business, interview attire. Think classy. You'll look best on camera wearing solid colors. Those looking their best are always on camera, we have the right to deny anyone who does not follow guidelines.
PLEASE NOTE:
NO EXTREME HAIRSTYLES and NO LOGOS OF ANY KIND.

PLEASE DO NOT WEAR:
Shorts
Capri/Gaucho Pants
T-shirts
Ripped Jeans
Sequins
Hats
Busy Patterns
White/White Tops/White Jeans
Jogging Suits/ Velour pants
Tank Tops
Uggs Boots
Flip Flops (walking around the city in uncomfortable shoes can be a task. Some change their shoes once they arrive to the taping. Please keep in mind ALL bags MUST be able to fit under your seat. We are not responsible for the storing of your items, PLEASE NO BACK PACKS OR LARGE PURSES OF ANY KIND CAN BE ADMITTED.)
Sneakers


No white? No busy patterns? Really? It makes me teary that I couldn't go to a taping of Tyra in one of my going-to-The Peacock-at-ULA-in-1994 shirts. But not teary enough to not go, DUH!


1 comment:

Petrova said...

haha, i went with my sister last year and tyra was "late" so we left. it was kind of awful, her PAs are miserable.