Sep 25, 2009

Luv

Lately, when it comes to pop, I've been pretty open (hello Miley). I'm just not so consumed with style or ethics in the face of a good/fun song. I am leery of this fella's overcooked costumes, but the tune is a total charmer. It's been stuck in my head all day (almost made me skip down First Avenue). That line about sunscreen is a cube of sugar!

We've preached an odd mixture of temperance and total embrace of 90's redux at A&P (see directly below for another of the trillion mentions of the stuff). It's just an odd experience, seeing the very items that I bought at Contempo Casuals on the backs of high school girls who've now picked them up at thrift shops. But, of course, at the top of this decade, we redid the eighties, despite hardly remembering them (and we looked good)...anyhow, when it comes to musics, I have no fear or trepidation. I am very ready to hear the 90's again, though less grunge, more Garbage or Elastica or 'what have you'-style pop rock, comme ça (oh Yes!)--

2 comments:

Margaret said...

been listening to garbage and only garbage for three days straight

Able said...

we should alert a couple of neuroscientists to our same-brain-syndrome