Sep 25, 2009

Nail Color For the Days of Awe

Essie's "Loophole" (with moderate chipping)












I suppose one could go about this many ways. There are those who, admirably and age-appropriately, live with permanent nail uniforms (be they red or ivory), not to be shifted on account of any old tea-dance, trend, holy day. For the young (or young-at-heart) and changeable, I think a snazzy/garish set of neon or primary digits is a no no--not only because they reek of non-atonement, but also because summer is ovahh.

Yom Kippur is a day of 'decking' with heels and hair-sheen, a girl's luxe but sober autumnal best. I fully intended to get a manicure today, a flat beige or a russet or a forest green (the colors I'll be opting for all season). But as lunch left me with less and less cash, I found last week's 90's redux-obvious (yet handsome) silver paintjob, about 30% chipped away, looked just right--ragged, full of yesterday's intentions. And the name of the varnish is just too too hilariously correct for the occasion!

No comments: