Feb 4, 2009

Best Thing Going (For a Few Days)

I don't know how I got hooked on this band (which is code for "Yeah, I clicked a MySpace ad."), but Nico Vega is about to become my favorite new thing (assuming Garbage stays on hiatus). I was floored by the beautiful mix of hipster-shit-we-secretly-love, metal (Iknowright), and electropop. Unfortunately, most critics simply pingeonhole them as (another) "indie rock trio."

Really, I like to speak as little as possible about the bands I love, so I'll just give you a snippet of their own bio, a few parts of which A&P should probably steal:

"Nico Vega [is] a modern day saint. A warrior that has led us to a more fulfilling, lighter way of being. She represents people and unity. She fights for all of us and teaches us to fight for each other. She is an idea that has evolved into a message and she fuels us in our bellies. She is the person we are all capable of being, but she holds the bar high above our head so that we must reach to be better human beings. We all have honesty inside of us, we all know how to love, we are all made of the same flesh, and we are all stuck here together."

Yeah, that, and Rich, their guitarist is liquid sex in this video . . . their self-titled album came out Tuesday.

No comments: