Mar 12, 2009

Live From The Pen Fifteen Club

A few nights ago, this les-faux (from the Greek, meaning "fake lesbian") that I know texted me at two in the morning to tell me President Spears's "If You Seek Amy" so totally omg reminded her of me. I'm still not sure if this is a reference to the fact that everyone secretly wants to have sex with me (possibly), or that I'm just really elusive (not so much), or that the bar she was at should stop running $4 Jager shots on Tuesdays (b-i-n-g-o!).

So, um, in any event, Britney's latest and most controversial single (meh) now has a companion video. I could address the "controversy," but I'd really rather not. I like the song. It's silly and flirty and damn catchy, continuing this wonderful "kiss my ass" theme running through Brit's last few singles. And the video is in large part: fun-Britney dancing around and looking hot with a bunch of horny, strung out dancers in a large house (perhaps invoking a little Fiona for the dance pop set?). Towards the end, things shift a bit, and I suppose the whole point of it is to showcase, yet again, her duality as an American Sweetheart and a hardcore sex symbol (although the two have bled together after so long--there's really no duality anymore), generously sprinkled with bitterness over one or the other (you just can't tell which is which with her).

At the end of the day there's nothing wrong with any of it. Just keep doing what you do, babe. We support it. Although, why did you have to raid the Paramount Archives and steal the wig Stockard Channing wore in the "Sandra Dee" number from Grease?

1 comment:

Able said...

i dig it. her hair looks awesome.