Mar 10, 2009

I Still Dream






















Publishing a book, marrying a beautiful, foreign, Jewish billionaire, making a pop record--these were my childhood dreams. At 23(almost4), these sunny slips of not-yet-reality only serve to stress me out, because, no longer a kid, I'm mired in making strides to achieve these old goals. So I need to come up with one or several new imagined achievements that seem as golden and distant as those once did. Thus far, I've decided that I want to be a King Magazine cover girl (mostly because I just saw Lauren London's issue and I want to do/wear whatever she does), not FHM or Maxim (ewww!), just King. Maybe this will be related to that pop record, the debut of mine and Pillow's steel drum and celly ringtone band, Rock Dove, set to be recorded this summer. Pillow--if you're down, I am...no other covers (No Paper or Nylon music issue or Rolling Stone), just King. It sounds like something Taryn Manning would do!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

i'm down, but am also hoping that when our album comes out we'll be too skinny to be allowed on the cover of king. I'm thinking we might have a major cover + spread in Hola.

Able said...

hola spread! we'll be photographed/interviewed at that male model-turned horticulturalist's eco-resort in the yucatan! and word, we'll be skinnier when we're doing the r.d. press tour, but i believe we'll still have enough t&a and memfricaness to warrant a king cover...