Oct 27, 2009

"no lie--i'm higher than i ever been. (born rich born uptown born to win.)"

Birdman. Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow. I mean, endless love. And this hook is hotness. But where is the signature bird call???!!!! I want to become a pop star just so I can cut a track with Birdman constructed solely of his bird calls. And is that Drizzy getting dim?

Addendum: I was premature in posting this entry yesterday, having yet to make a close listen. But since last night's commute, "Money to Blow" has been repeat-oned on my iPod and...the hook (chorus?) is clearly supreme, the reason for the track's stupid listenability. But Drake's verse is kind of AWFUL. What's all this talk of roofies?! Roofs? And that "constantly seducing ho's" line is awkward. And oddly, I find it tough to suspend reality with this cat. He says, "I'm on a 24 hour champagne diet." And I get sober. I say no no. I used to be on one of those and it sucks. You get headaches and you blackout and crowds are fine but most one-on-one interactions are total disasters. Generally anti-human, non-life-affirming. And I'm letting it slide because, as stated, I like this part, but that line about money falling on skin...I dig the mention of skin (I'm probably wrong but I think 'touch' is not called upon enough in English-language musics), yet klar-ly he is not talking about hisself--he is throwing money at a woman. The worst. What a punk. And around 8:20 this morning I realized, Birdman (my darling) would not be getting this kind of airplay without this fresh, young thing being attached to the project. And that hurts my feelings.

2 comments:

Petrova said...

born rich, that bitch born rich that bitch that bitch that bitch

Able said...

"that bitch" is the numero uno trope of rock dove songs. perfect lyric.