Oct 27, 2009

Woah Fay-shun

The Sunday Times (of London) Style Magazine is tawdry where ours is fussy (either way...fuck 'em). But this sort of drugged, high-class ho in hotel room with chidren's toys concept falls flat everytime, outdoes the typical levels of tawdry and pointless and drivel (even if it so aptly stars Lindz Lohan). A recent Elle shoot of this type just sent me reeeeeeling. I guess Fay-shun can't help but wear its unhealth on its sleeve. But women dressing as girls is just so...defeatist. I want to see more of this. And I'm not entirely joking!

2 comments:

zbs said...

I actually like that particular shot of Lind, weird.

Perhaps there is too much of it, but I think attempting to eliminate "women dressing as girls" from fashion would be insensible, though—I mean, whatever the politics it has a pretty firm place on the tradition.

Able said...

it does absolutely. i'm letting politics interfere with design a touch. it's the onslaught i guess. it's an obvious 'teen moment,' which doesn't in and of itself bother me...not at all. but when the actual participants in the luxury market are on average twice/thrice that age? it's tricky. and teen isn't even the evocation. toys are talking about babies. yuck. i can't say it's not stylish. but i can say it's undignified. and past a certain date 'undignified' does not wear well.

but yeah. lindz looks really good, better than she has in months.